Owain had updated the cyanogen 7 or gingerbread to version 7.5. It seemed that this is a truly custom rom using the bootloader by pass as it contain overclocking and undervolting. It would be possible otherwise. So that mean, this may be in essence the first real custom rom for our phone. Knowing Owainn, I would say that the mini version would soon follow to be updated to the same version. The changelog :
- SD Speed fix
- overclocking to 749MHz and undervolting for energy saving
- lots of minor bug fixes
- stability fixes
- DO NOT TOUCH THE SLIDERS IN SETCPU!!!!! this will fuck up the overclocking
- Added bootanimation again
- WiFi N enabled
- WiFi adhoc enabled
- Call settings fixed
- NOTE: if you have problems running some apps change density in build.prop to 120
- NOTE2: if you want to disable boot sound delete /system/bin/bootsound
And yes I think what Owain mean by wiFi adhoc is native wi fi hotspot.
Update : Sadly, no hotspot tethering.
This is actually one of the biggest update. The only gripe left for this rom is that LED flash and autofocus not working. But I’m sure with the bootloader bypassed, Owain being the great dev he is will be able to fix this in no times. You can find the installation thread here.
Edit : If you want to overclock and undervolt your own phone regardless of your phone, go here.