This is my personal ROM in my device. This is also my first attempt to build and release a ROM I didn’t plan to make this, but because of the screen on/off animation, I had no choice but to make a CM6 build. And here it is, a mostly original and latest CM6. This build version is CM6.2.0 RC 0.
The ultimate goal is a fast, smooth and lightweight Froyo having GingerBread (and some of my customized) features. I will gradually port Gingerbread’s feature to this Froyo. Yeah I know, many people want a fully working Gingerbread, not a mix like this. We have lots of difficulties to bring Gingerbread to X8:
- Adhoc with WEP is not supported in CM7 at the moment. It’s very important to me though
- Rewrite of libcamera needs lots of effort
- (My personal opinion) Most important fact: GB is not as smooth as Froyo. I don’t know but I still have a feeling that Froyo is smoother than Gingerbread, especially in menu scrolling.
Many things should work and it should be smooth. However I didn’t test it carefully, it may contain some bugs.
Features: We almost have a Gingerbread with special things now!
- Clean stock CM6: Smoothness. Stability. Working Camera.
- Minimal number of apps are installed. This brings you the choice to install and use only what you want.
- Lightweight: I got maximum 107MB of free RAM.
- My favorite modules: X8Gesture v007, X8Undervolt v001, X8MDDI v001
- Gingerbread’s theme with some improvements
- Gingerbread’s CRT screen on/off animation
- CM7’s Edge Glow effect.
- CM7’s Froyo/Rotary/Revamped/Lense lockscreen
- Random lockscreen
- Gingerbread’s cursor handler
- Gingerbread’s improved copy/paste
- Random CM6 or CM7 bootscreen
- Better Arabic and RTL languages rendering
- Gingerbread’s localization
- Improved Flipping down mutes ringer
- Flipping down snoozes alarm
- Gingerbread’s LatinIME keyboard
- Fully working T-Mobile’s Theme Engine
- Built-in Transparent Status Bar support
- Configuration section
- Auto brightness works incorrectly? I need test and feed back.
- DSP Manager works incorrectly
– Latest kernel and latest baseband xxx015
2. Copy to sdcard
3. Reboot to xRecovery
4. Install custom zip
you can found the installation thread here