This is my personal ROM in my device. This is also my first attempt to build and release a ROM I didn’t plan to make this, but because of the screen on/off animation, I had no choice but to make a CM6 build. And here it is, a mostly original and latest CM6. This build version is CM6.2.0 RC 0.
The ultimate goal is a fast, smooth and lightweight Froyo having GingerBread (and some of my customized/unique) features. I will gradually port Gingerbread’s feature to this Froyo. Yeah I know, many people want a fully working Gingerbread, not a mix like this. We have lots of difficulties to bring Gingerbread to X8:
- Adhoc with WEP is not supported in CM7 at the moment. It’s very important to me though
- Rewrite of libcamera needs lots of effort
- (My personal opinion) Most important fact: GB is not as smooth as Froyo. I don’t know but I still have a feeling that Froyo is smoother than Gingerbread, especially in menu scrolling.
Many things should work and it should be smooth. However I didn’t test it carefully, it may contain some bugs.
Features: We almost have a Gingerbread with special things now!
- Clean stock CM6: Smoothness. Stability. Working Camera.
- Minimal number of apps are installed. This brings you the choice to install and use only what you want.
- Lightweight: I got maximum 107MB of free RAM.
- My favorite modules: X8Gesture v007, X8Undervolt v001, X8MDDI v001
- Gingerbread’s theme with some improvements
- Gingerbread’s CRT screen on/off animation
- CM7’s Edge Glow effect.
- CM7’s Froyo/Rotary/Revamped/Lense lockscreen
- Random lockscreen
- Gingerbread’s cursor handler
- Gingerbread’s improved copy/paste
- Random CM6 or CM7 bootscreen
- Better Arabic and RTL languages rendering
- Gingerbread’s localization
- Improved Flipping down mutes ringer
- Flipping down snoozes alarm
- Gingerbread’s LatinIME keyboard
- Fully working T-Mobile’s Theme Engine
- Built-in Transparent Status Bar support
- Hiding avatar in SMS
- Configuration section
- Auto brightness works incorrectly? I need test and feed back.
- DSP Manager works incorrectly
– Latest kernel and latest baseband xxx015
2. Copy to sdcard
3. Reboot to xRecovery
4. Install custom zip
All versions, except RC0, will preserve your DATA partition. Unless you’re flashing RC0, you don’t need to worry about your data. It is recommended (but optional) to make a full wipe after flashing (step 4).